English For Air Traffic Course 15004
This 60-hour,12-day intensive course is designed for non-native English speakers of intermediate proficiency who need to improve English skills for air traffic duties. The course aims to develop aviation language skills leading to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Operational Level 4 proficiency rating. In addition to technical language skills development and practice with ICAO air traffic control procedures, sessions are highly interactive with frequent opportunities for practice in a variety of settings.
By the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in voice-only (telephone/radiotelephony) and in face-to-face situations
- Communicate on common, concrete, and work-related topics with accuracy and clarity
- Use appropriate communicative strategies to exchange messages and to recognize and resolve misunderstandings in a general or work-related context
- Handle successfully and with relative ease the linguistic challenges presented by a complication or unexpected turn of events that occurs within the context of a routine work situation or communicative task with which they are otherwise familiar
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
International aviation professionals with intermediate English skills who need to improve English proficiency for air traffic duties.
Instruction on ICAO language proficiency elements using content on:
- Basic Communication Skills in Aviation
- Communicating On Ground Activities
- Work of Air Traffic Control (ATC)
- Effective Communication for Runway Safety
- Weather and Environment
- Communicating During Emergencies and Non-Normal Situations
Knowledge of the aviation industry; good familiarity with Aviation English vocabulary; and an ability to speak and understand English at a level 3 proficiency.