Surveillance (Airworthiness/Operations) Course 15212001
Designed for Aviation Safety Inspectors to achieve a standardized and systematic approach to properly accomplish their oversight duties and responsibilities associated with the surveillance of service providers, this course emphasizes the procedures in the pertinent ICAO Annexes and documents and how they are used to fulfill those requirements. It is based on ICAO reference material for the job tasks associated with surveillance functions. The information can be beneficially applied to any regulatory system, and is appropriate for any CAA Inspector seeking a detailed understanding of how surveillance tasks are accomplished and how these procedures comply with ICAO requirements. The course includes 9 lessons combined with lectures, audio-visuals, exercises and interaction with experienced FAA instructors to create a maximum learning environment to develop knowledge and skills related to the surveillance process. Courseware includes ICAO documents, National Surveillance Program Manual, guidance material, a participant guide.
At the conclusion of the course, and with applicable guidance material, participants will be able to:
- Describe the State responsibilities and ICAO requirements associated with Surveillance of service providers and apply these processes and procedures accordingly.
- Develop a National Surveillance Program using a risk based management approach.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Aviation Safety Inspectors (Airworthiness and Operations) or anyone wishing to increase the level of knowledge as it applies to surveillance of service providers. The course was specifically designed to meet the needs of the international community.
- International Obligations
- Safety Management and Concepts
- Hazard Identification and Decision Making
- Risk Analysis and Assessment
- Risk Communication
- National Surveillance Program Requirements and Planning
Basic understanding of SMS principles.