This is a 10-Day course for mid- to upper-level managers. Participants
will gain an understanding of teamwork, systems thinking, mentoring,
organizational communications, strategies to manage workplace change, resource
management, strategic planning, air traffic management, quality assurance, and
facility training. The course provides participants with opportunities to
analyze how leadership style impacts job performance and demonstrate
interpersonal skills, and develop an action plan to support continued growth in
leadership effectiveness. Instructional methods include reading,
videotapes, discussions, and highly interactive exercises to simulate the
challenges of the workplace.
Upon course completion, participants will be able to:
- Analyze effectiveness as a leader.
- Identify management approaches for different cultures.
- Determine potential motivational strategies.
- Identify job priorities.
- Identify the basic principles of effective delegation.
- Identify the potential systemic impact of management decisions.
- Identify the contents of selected ICAO Documents.
- Identify the stages of change management.
- Practice negotiating a work related situation.
- Describe the key components of an effective team.
- Create strategies to improve communication.
- Identify the impact of stress on leaders and the work environment.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in work-related situations.
- Apply procedures to manage performance and conduct.
- Demonstrate filling out QA forms.
- Identify strategies for QA.
- Draft a strategy to create a training plan and curriculum.
- Describe, in general, CNS/ATM.
- Develop a draft vision plan for the organization.
- State the benefit collaboration has for team effectiveness.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Mid- to upper-level managers in desiring to enhance management skills. This course is specifically tailored to meet the needs of international participants.
- Responsibilities/ Challenges
- Creating an Effective Working Environment
- Systems Thinking
- Managing Employees
- Training Program Overview
- Quality Assurance
- Conflict Resolution
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Managing Change
- Strategic Planning
- Briefing Preparation